Sunday, October 16, 2005

This is more than my appraisal even......I feel in heaven and more confident !!!

My colleague's comment in personal blog::This is my last night working at Hummingbird. At first when I come to this office, I found it messy and ad-hoc. I did not like my workspace, it was too cold and the chair is uncomfortable. We ate at TGI Fridays on my first night. Rahim told me that we are a big family and everyone takes care of each other. I felt welcomed to the team.As days go by, I become closer to my Datamart colleagues, Meghana and Ali. The other guys work crazy hours, whereas the three of us try to keep more regular hours. We always joke about how much time is wasted on dinners, so we made a plan about buying take-outs and eating in the hotel. The three of us had a good time chit-chating with each other.After Meghana and Ali leave, I stick with Prajeeth. Prajeeth is considerate and quiet. Even though he does so much, he does not boast about his work. Given his work attitude, I think he will be successful in his future endeavours. He is going to stay here in Trinidad for a long long time, perhaps he will find a girlfriend here and settle down =)On-site work is hard. The pressure is immense and the working hours is long. However, people bond together much easier in such a tough environment. We are one team and we need to get things done, whatever it takes. There is no one here who will say "this is not my job" or "I need to go home to watch ...". When there is an issue, it is everyone's responsibility to get it fixed. I have make closer friends here in Hummingbird in just 3 weeks.This is one of the most memorable experience I have, working at Redknee. I am really glad that I came down to Hummingbird before I leave the company. I do miss Canada though, looking forward to get back to my Canadian life for 3 weeks, and then another good bye to the country I love.

No comments: